MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Construction started, but not cutting yet
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mon 10 September 2007, 13:50
duluthboats
Just call me: Gary

Arlington, WA
United States of America
Introduction - Arlington, Washington State

Hello,
My name is Gary and I have spent the last 2 days reading much of what is on this site and it is a very nice site. I have played with building different router tables of my own design and almost completed a Machine Tool Camp 5x10. I always end up short somehow. I may make another attempt with the MechMate. I might start with a full size bridge and a short table because of limited space. My background is in machining and CAD/CAM. I have been on the CNC Zone forum for a few years but I spend little time there now. I don’t know how much I can contribute here but if I see I can help, I will. I think the MechMate is a great design.
Gary
Old Mon 10 September 2007, 14:29
Alan_c
Just call me: Alan (#11)

Cape Town (Western Cape)
South Africa
Send a message via Skype™ to Alan_c
Welcome Gary.
looking foreward to your input

Alan
Old Mon 10 September 2007, 18:28
cbboatworks
Just call me: Gene

Wilmington NC
United States of America
Welcome Gary

As you will see I do not post very much,but read the forum two to three times a day.great info here.if you have a chance look at J.R post

Gene
cbboatworks@aol.com
Old Mon 10 September 2007, 20:31
Greg J
Just call me: Greg #13

Hagerman, New Mexico
United States of America
Gary,

Welcome. The MechMate is a nice design. The more one gets into building one, the more one appreciates the design (I hope that makes sense).

Greg
Old Mon 10 September 2007, 20:58
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Welcome!
Old Wed 12 September 2007, 03:41
duluthboats
Just call me: Gary

Arlington, WA
United States of America
Thanks for the welcome guys. Now my question is are there any builders in the north Puget Sound area. Maybe we could help each other out and better use our skills. I’m a good machinist but a sloppy welder and I really suck when it comes to electronics. My e-mail is duluthboats@msn.com

Gary

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read