MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Introduce yourself and start planning
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Fri 26 June 2009, 09:43
luizfrds
Just call me: Luiz

São Paulo
Brazil
Hello From Sao Paulo, Brazil!

Hello everybody!
My Name is Luiz, i've working with eletronical projects and software development for the past 4-5 years.
I've been interested to build a cnc milling machine to work with plywood and MDF, so it looks like the sample project from this forum is perfectly for me, (correct me if i'm wrong) but it will support 2500mm x 1600mm.

But otherwise i've been having a "nightmare" finding the right materials, for instance "V-Cap rail Size 3" at 10 10 220, if someone had done this in Brazil, please reply this thread and helpme please. Other question is, i've planing using 70kgf/cm² (NEMA 34), is it enough?

I've with a lots of douts, about the M2 10 110, what is the gap proposed? in the "Splint Rack"

one other question is, someone in Brazil got laser cut and the bending done by a contractor, if yes where? and how much it should cost ( in dollars will help too!)?

About the eletronics part, everything will be done by me and my father ( who is an eletrical engineer for the past 20 years! )

for now it is all, but i will have more questions!
about the original project, congratulations for everybody involved, because it is really well done!
Old Fri 26 June 2009, 09:59
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Have a look at these 3 guys:

New MechMate painted, with experimental control box - Atibaia, Brazil

Cutting small gears and 3D puzzles! - Curitiba, PR, Brazil

Building control desk #17 - Sao Caetano do Sul, SP, Brasil

. . . . . they hang out at http://www.guiacnc.com.br where you will get a lot of support for making a MechMate in Brasil.
Old Fri 26 June 2009, 10:13
luizfrds

São Paulo
Brazil
WOW! it was fast! THANKS! it will help a lot!
Old Fri 26 June 2009, 10:44
caneckel
Just call me: Carlos

Florianópolis, SC (South of Brazil)
Brazil
Hello Luiz, hello to everybody.

I would like to greet all for this community I start in this group two months ago.
My name is Carlos, I am Electro-electronic eng., I live in Florianopolis (south of Brazil) and work in Rio de Janeiro. My second occupation is to be a home boat building; this is my pleasure in the time off.
My MM will have 3200mm x 2200mm.
I already acquired some electro-electronic components, like Gecko driver G203V, motors PK296A2A-SG7.2 and some mechanical parts were also already acquired.
The laser cut pieces are already done and cost about R$440,00 ($220 USD).
I am researching the suppliers of all the necessary components.
I discovered this community and for the little time that I have been accompanying, is made of people with enterprising spirit and friend, is very good to do part of this family.
Tank’s for all

Carlos
Old Fri 26 June 2009, 11:20
luizfrds

São Paulo
Brazil
caneckel:

About R$440! it is cheaper than i've spected, where you have done theses? i will need!
Old Fri 26 June 2009, 11:37
caneckel
Just call me: Carlos

Florianópolis, SC (South of Brazil)
Brazil
Luiz,

I use this company in Florianópolis - http://www.dominik.com.br/hotsite/index.html but in São Paulo have others options
http://www.buzas.com.br/?gclid=CKrf_...FRHxDAodwFCtCA
http://www.oficinadolaser.com.br/ser...o-a-laser.html
http://www.cortealaser.com.br/
http://steellaser.com.br/
and more…..
Old Fri 26 June 2009, 11:49
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Quote:
Originally Posted by luizfrds View Post
. . about the M2 10 110, what is the gap proposed? in the "Splint Rack" . . .
If you look carefully at a gear rack . . . . . .

. . . . . . .it really is made of perfectly straight lines, like in the sketch above (round pinion gears have complicated curves, but racks are all straight lines)

When a pinion gear runs correctly in a rack, it only touches the yellow lines, it never touches the blue lines unless there is a lot of wear. Therefore, it is okay to cut away all the blue lines!
Old Fri 26 June 2009, 12:46
luizfrds

São Paulo
Brazil
Gerald D, in the Table Assembly 10 10 312,314,316, could i use retagular tubes of 50x30mm instead the tube?

Last edited by luizfrds; Fri 26 June 2009 at 12:50..
Old Fri 26 June 2009, 13:25
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Yes
Old Fri 26 June 2009, 13:57
luizfrds

São Paulo
Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald D View Post
If you look carefully at a gear rack . . . . . .

. . . . . . .it really is made of perfectly straight lines, like in the sketch above (round pinion gears have complicated curves, but racks are all straight lines)

When a pinion gear runs correctly in a rack, it only touches the yellow lines, it never touches the blue lines unless there is a lot of wear. Therefore, it is okay to cut away all the blue lines!
But it only be done, because is hard to find a gear rack longer than 1000mm?
Old Fri 26 June 2009, 21:11
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
You can answer that question yourself.
Old Sat 27 June 2009, 08:28
luizfrds

São Paulo
Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald D View Post
You can answer that question yourself.
i thought so hahaha Thanks anyway!
Old Sat 27 June 2009, 09:08
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Luiz, (and a lot of other people), I ask you a favour please? Please do not "quote" the last post in full when you make a reply post. Every time that you have done it so far, I have deleted the quoted parts. Have a look at the reasons here: Using quotes when replying to a post - only use if essential please
Old Tue 30 June 2009, 16:21
luizfrds

São Paulo
Brazil
sorry for that Gerald D, You e right, my fault! it will not happen again

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read