MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Introduce yourself and start planning
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Today's Posts

Old Wed 04 September 2013, 22:15
Carliegrace
Just call me: David

Leesburg
United States of America
New here but I love it already

Hi! I'm brand new to MM and this forum. I found the them today and WOW, am I glad I did! I'm going to continue reading through the forum but I know I want to begin the process and that this is definitely for me. I'm looking forward to learning and building my own router. Of course I have a ton of questions but I'm going to search the site before posting any.

Name is David, born and raised in the Central Florida area and have been making saw dust for 22 years. Started out as a rough framer and made the progression through the years from framing to finish work to cabinetry to production case work to furniture work. I owned and operated a case work company for 6 years in which I sold two years ago. While running the company I had a small point to point cnc, a holzer speedy 207. It's an older machine so I know all too well how much a good service tech can cost and on the flip side how valuable servicing your machine can be. I'm getting back into the business and I would like to utilize a router for cutting parts for case work, die walls, built-ins and various furniture pieces.

Software wise I've been using cabinet vision for a few years along with 2020 design and Google sketch up. I was never trained in autocad so I'm not sure if this will hinder me from incorperating the mm into my business. Either way I'm really looking forward to an incredible project and digging into this forum.

Thanks!
David
Old Thu 05 September 2013, 02:52
southernduckie
Just call me: Andrew (Duckie)

new south wales
Australia
welcome

Hello and welcome i'm sure you will find some members here that are in your local area read read and ask questions and answers will appear for you I am envious that you are starting this project with previous cnc experience.
Cheers Andrew

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Today's Posts