MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > MechMates already cutting
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sat 01 November 2014, 23:47
Regnar
Just call me: Russell #69

Mobile, Alabama
United States of America
Dale it is solid. The next one you guys see with all the sockets will be plywood as I dont want to waste a wood on the next one. Should be a full toolbox drawer or 24x36 in size.

Found the gremlin and he has been removed. Ended up being the driver. The same one from almost 7 months ago. Im going to see if gecko can fix it.
Old Thu 14 January 2016, 09:04
keithstanley
Just call me: Keith

Flintshire
United Kingdom
In post #243 you show how you have setup the pvc pipe to connect to your vacuum source. Is that 100mm pipe and if so where did you purchase the end caps? I am in the UK and can not source caps like that.

Thanks
Old Fri 15 January 2016, 10:43
smreish
Just call me: Sean - #5, 28, 58 and others

Orlando, Florida
United States of America
http://www.grizzly.com/search?q=(dus...ons%22)&page=2

or
http://www.rockler.com/search/go?w=d...uuid=&sli_sid=
Old Fri 22 January 2016, 14:37
Nikonauts
Just call me: Nikonauts

Johore
Malaysia
Nice job!
Old Sat 16 April 2016, 20:09
Regnar

Mobile, Alabama
United States of America
Here is a Time Lapse of my machine cutting out some plaques for the guys at work. I used a 1/8th endmill and a 30 degree Vbit. Machine was actually running at 100 ipm and the run time was around 3 hours. This was my first time using the Gopro in the garage but I think I will be posting more of them in the future as it was so freaking easy to use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2uOkyxmDNw

Should also mention I am back in Florida and in a month the machine will make its 5th move. This might be its last move as I look forwards to retirement.
Old Sun 17 April 2016, 09:05
keithstanley

Flintshire
United Kingdom
Excelent video! Perhaps it is time to get a GoPro... Which one do you have? Can you please post a pciture of the finished plaques?
Old Sun 17 April 2016, 10:52
Regnar

Mobile, Alabama
United States of America
I have the entry level GoPro Hero+. Its the one with wifi so I can sit on the couch and see whats going on in the garage. Knowing what I know now I would have asked for the Hero 3 or 4. Its alot of fun to hand my 3YO the camera and say have fun in the water, sand and everything else.

I dont finish the plaques. I hand them over raw to the people who order them and let them sand and finish them, but I have a feeling I will be seeing the end product soon so I will post a picture when they send it to me.
Old Sun 17 April 2016, 10:58
keithstanley

Flintshire
United Kingdom
Yes please do post and thanks for the info about the GoPro
Old Mon 18 April 2016, 03:56
keithstanley

Flintshire
United Kingdom
Is there any chance of you taking some up-to-date pictures of the vacuum hose system that is on the back of your gantry? I have the 100mm pipe to do a similar system on my machine but it would be best to see how you finished yours

Thanks

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read