MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Archives
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old Tue 03 April 2007, 11:08
christipher saint denis
Just call me:

Donald,
Sorry to hear about that. Thanks for all your effort. I am in no rush for any mechanical parts. It's bound to take me another month just to get the electrical side of things squared away. On a positive note I have not blown anything up yet!

Thanks again,
Christopher
Old Tue 03 April 2007, 12:09
Kim Mortensen
Just call me:

The Spider plate is a funny plate... But I have made a couple, and I have only made 2 wrong, the rest is allright... but very irritating when you find out that the small pieces to bend is bent the wrong way... :-D
Old Tue 03 April 2007, 12:18
Gerald_D
Just call me:

Kim, and Donald, is there something I can do to the drawing to make it clearer?

I have a very special set of tools for bending the small points: Piece of scrap steel, a g-clamp and a 1kg [2 lb] hammer - clamp the scrap behind the bend and smack the point over with 4.5 blows of the hammer. Ever wanted to smack a spider with a hammer?
Old Tue 03 April 2007, 12:54
Greg J
Just call me:

Don,

I'm along way from needing those parts.
Again, thanks for the update.

Greg
Old Tue 03 April 2007, 13:13
Arthur Ransom
Just call me:

Donald I am the master of spending a week to do a one day job. Unfourtunitly I understand all too well. Can you please send me what you have. It will be at least 2 weeks before I need the spider plate.
Old Tue 03 April 2007, 13:22
Loren Gameros
Just call me:

Hi Don,

Please do whatever is the most economical for you.
I am just glad that to have you making them to begin with!!!

Loren
Old Tue 03 April 2007, 14:17
Jeff Barton
Just call me:

send me a pdf of the spiderplate and I'll see what I can do
Old Tue 03 April 2007, 14:30
dneisler
Just call me:

Gerald,
I think it was basically, a cheap labor issue, that wasn't paying attention is what caused the problem, not your drawings.

Art,
As soon as I have the rest, I will get yours sent out without the spider plate.
Old Wed 04 April 2007, 08:04
Kevin Campton
Just call me:

Donald, No hurry on my set... Thanks for helping me out...

Kevin
Old Wed 04 April 2007, 09:34
Jay Waters
Just call me:

No hurries here either. I'll see them when they arrive!

Jay
Old Wed 04 April 2007, 15:39
Kim Mortensen
Just call me:

Gerald.. The drawings are fine, it's just one needs to pay attention to what one is doing and not rushing the bends. I used a table mounted clamp (or what ever it is called) and then I just pulled until it was bent 90 degrees.
Old Fri 06 April 2007, 17:01
Arthur Ransom
Just call me:

Got my laser cut parts in today and they are great!! Took me about 2 seconds to decide they were the best buy I have had in a long time.
Old Sat 07 April 2007, 08:49
dneisler
Just call me:

I have the spider plates now complete....should be shipping the remaining off Monday.
Old Sun 08 April 2007, 14:13
dneisler
Just call me:

All pending orders are boxed, and labled ready to be picked up by fedex. I am waiting on shipping payment on a couple that paid via paypal. If you are one of those yours will go out as soon as payment is recieved, all others ship Monday.

Thanks again to everyone, and sorry for the delay.

As of right now, I have one set for the next batch, and alot of people asking. I need at least 6 to process the orders.

Thanks
Old Thu 12 April 2007, 17:07
Russ schoenberger
Just call me:

Just recieved my laser cut parts today. Everything looks great. Can't wait for it to warm up outside. Mother Nature just dumped 7 inces of snow here . Now I'm a kid waiting in line for the candy store to open up.

Gerald and Donald thanks so much for the help that you have and will be giving us.
Old Mon 16 April 2007, 09:35
dneisler
Just call me:

Ordering more today, if you need a set let me know ASAP.

I am actually ordering me a set now... :-)
Old Tue 17 April 2007, 15:08
Jay Waters
Just call me:

Donald,

Received my parts last week sometime. Couldn't open them for a few days. I finally opened the box today, and wow, they are superb in every way. Thank you again for providing this opportunity to us fellow "Mechmaters".
Old Tue 17 April 2007, 15:35
Marc Shlaes
Just call me:

Donald,

I would like to order a set sometime around the third week in May. I hope there will be a group on about that timeframe. Where are you on the current order? Did you get the six sets you need? If not, I might be able to squeeze that out of my "slush fund". Translated, that means "the money squirreled away so my wife doesn't yell at me every time I buy a new tool."
Old Tue 17 April 2007, 15:53
dneisler
Just call me:

Yeah, I can squeeze you in if you order ASAP.

After Tomorrow, I am starting taking orders for the Next Batch.....I have held price at the $225/285 price still for now.

Old Wed 18 April 2007, 07:39
Marc Shlaes
Just call me:

Donald,

I think I am going to have to wait until next time. Slush fund won't cut it this month. Can you keep me advised on when you think the next one will be. I'll watch your posts. Thanks tons!
Old Sat 21 April 2007, 16:10
dneisler
Just call me:

Next batch looks to be in from the laser cutters early this next week.....Alot faster than the last batches....
Old Sun 29 April 2007, 10:53
Chuck Pearson
Just call me:

I'd like to get in for a set of parts if possible. Can I paypal you for em or is there an area of the forum where I can place an order? Thanks for making all of this available, I've been agonizing over design for months. Regards, Chuck
Old Tue 01 May 2007, 10:52
dneisler
Just call me:

Here is the link to order. I only charge you when the order it sent to the laser cutter and I only send them in orders of 6 sets. So it could take a bit to get you a set.

http://www.donalds-hobby.com/prod/sc...idproduct=1203
Old Thu 03 May 2007, 08:37
Hugo Carradini
Just call me:

Hello Donald.
I just receive my laser cut parts and want to thank you. Every thing came out nice, parts look very well cut. It is and enormous help for people like me, very far away from laser cutting technology.
Hugo Carradini
Old Wed 09 May 2007, 13:16
dneisler
Just call me:

Next batch shipping today....

I have one getlemen on the waiting list for the next batch. I need 5 more before I can order.
Old Wed 09 May 2007, 16:12
Marc Shlaes
Just call me:

Donald,

I'm that gentleman. Please keep me advised.

Thanks tons.
Old Thu 10 May 2007, 20:08
joe mclain
Just call me:

Donald,
I got your email yesterday, Sound good!!
If Mark is in the batch with me...
Three more Gentlemen Please Order Up.

Joe Mc
Old Sun 13 May 2007, 22:03
David Cousins
Just call me:

If I may ask a question about cost. On the order page, there a option called bending, with an asterisk indicating it's a mandatory option. Yet, the software seems to allow one to omit the bending.
Old Sat 19 May 2007, 14:08
Greg J
Just call me: Greg #13

Hagerman, New Mexico
United States of America
Donald,

I just returned from a week of work in Wyoming. My laser cut parts have arrived and so far everything looks great.

Thanks for all your help, excellent value and quality.

Greg
Old Mon 21 May 2007, 10:18
Loren Gameros
Just call me: Loren

Costa Mesa
United States of America
Send a message via AIM to Loren Gameros Send a message via Yahoo to Loren Gameros
Hi Don,

Have parts in hand and I am very happy. Thanks for all your hard work. I will start welding today!
Closed Thread

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Today's Posts