MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Miscellaneous hardware and software > Miscellaneous / General / Whatever / Catchall
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sat 13 June 2009, 11:12
javeria
Just call me: Irfan #33

Bangalore
India
need help

folks - today while bowsing the local scrap yard - I noticed something -

it had a ball screw(THK) 25mm THK profiled linear slides - all mounted on a 35mm thk steel plat and a 25 mm thk plate mounted on the rails

It had a motion of 125mm overall - now folks I need you suggestion if i can aquire it and use it for the Z axis on teh mechmate - the asking price is approx USD 100.

if i get it then I will replace the bottom plate with an Alu plate - or probable junk all the steel and use sheet and alu to get it going on the mechmate

hope u folks can give some suggestions.

RGDS
Irfan
Old Sat 13 June 2009, 21:23
Doug_Ford
Just call me: Doug #3

Conway (Arkansas)
United States of America
What's wrong with your current setup? If it is working, I wouldn't change it.

A ballscrew would be overkill. $100 is a lot of money for something that won't make your machine that much better. As you know, ball screws are used in metalworking machines that are required to produce very accurate metal parts. If you get it to work properly (and I'm sure you will), you will have a machine that produces extremely accurate wooden parts (in the Z axis) until they swell or shrink a few hours later after the humidity changes.
Old Sat 13 June 2009, 21:42
javeria

Bangalore
India

I already have a ball screw machine Dough -

any ways I have decided to get it for the lathe project where I can machine things upto 100mm very easily with this attachment for the tool axis.

RGDS
IRfan
Old Sun 14 June 2009, 10:44
Doug_Ford
Just call me: Doug #3

Conway (Arkansas)
United States of America
Sorry Irfan. I was out of the loop for a while and missed the messages you posted while you were building your machine.
Old Sun 14 June 2009, 13:54
javeria

Bangalore
India
No problems Dough - anyways there was a change in y thinking again - I have always missed the opportunity to have a small bench mill - think this is the perfect for a 100 mm movement- now to get one for Y axis.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read