MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Miscellaneous hardware and software > Miscellaneous / General / Whatever / Catchall
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Tue 26 May 2009, 06:24
Robert M
Just call me: Robert

Lac-Brome, Qc
Canada
Send a message via Yahoo to Robert M Send a message via Skype™ to Robert M
Web hosting search & info !

I guys.
Having a night mare with my domain registrar & Webhost.
Are any of you having a long term GOOD service with your park web domain. With whom may I ask, I need some references to changeover from where I’m parked ( BTW I’m with ROUThost, NEVER NEVER consider those ruthless, none respective, incompetent idiots)
Thanks for beeing there, Robert
Old Tue 26 May 2009, 06:49
lumberjack_jeff
Just call me: Jeff #31

Montesano, WA
United States of America
I use Izfree for hosting. The price and the features are right but their uptime stats suck.

I use namecheap to secure domain names.
Old Tue 26 May 2009, 10:38
sailfl
Just call me: Nils #12

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Robert,

I use to have a computer consulting service. I asked one of the other consultants what they use and it is www.1and1.com.

I currently only have a holder website.

Good luck.
Old Tue 26 May 2009, 12:30
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
This site is with Lexiconn.com Expensive, but excellent support for the times I have screwed up. Even get personally signed xmas cards from Rob the head guy (who normally handles my support queries)
Old Tue 26 May 2009, 13:08
PEU
Just call me: Pablo

Buenos Aires
Argentina
I use a local provider: www.allytech.com for the last 6 years or so, excelent uptime and the price is right, pesos 15=usd 4 per month
Old Tue 26 May 2009, 18:50
gmessler
Just call me: Greg #15

Chicago IL
United States of America
bluehost.com
Old Wed 27 May 2009, 03:58
Robert M
Just call me: Robert

Lac-Brome, Qc
Canada
Send a message via Yahoo to Robert M Send a message via Skype™ to Robert M
Hey guys... news !
Well after some little instigation I came up with and transferd to Godaddy.com !
One of the oldest, good to V-good reviews from a few web reviews and from what I read, negligible or questionable negative comments.
So, I made the jump to them.

Nils, I tried 1 & 1 last year and they manage to screw my domain transfer sooobad almost lost the rights for two domain names, charge me twist for it instead of crediting it... after I seeming at them for a few days and better yet...they charge me again this year for the yearly renewal as if I was still with them ???
Aside of my little misadventure with them, you are right, they do come as one to consider, but not in the top ten ranks... bluehost ranks in a better position vs 1 & 1 ?!?. but at this point, I feel it’s purly a scientifico-personal choice

Well, this was the majority of my day yesterday, one of those you rather have not, but so it is part of some pitfall for being a self employed... not big enough to have weight, not big enough to have office employee to handle these type of boo boo for you... but on the other side nothing is or cannot always be creamy smooth...
Thank you all for your comments & support
Amicalement, Robert

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read