MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > The Market Place
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sat 16 November 2013, 17:23
garymo
Just call me: garymo

Canberra
Australia
Send a message via MSN to garymo
3d printer delta config cnc files, free

Just to let everyone know we will be releasing free blueprints for the printer presented on our blog in the next few weeks.

The printer was completed on our mechmate based router which remains unfinished, working but unpainted.

We plan to also set up a forum to further develop the printer and create quality printable stl files for printing on the printer, As part of a do it yourself mentality we are learning our way around wordpress any advice or help on this would be appreciated.

If you would like to cut this out for others feel free to send in your details and location.

The thinking is that the files will at this stage be released under creative commons free for personal use. Cant guarantee it but you should be able to build one for yourself with all electronics ect for under $500.

link to ouroboros design

Gary
Old Sun 17 November 2013, 06:21
darren salyer
Just call me: Darren #101

Wentzville mo
United States of America
I'd be very interested in building one of these.
Old Sun 17 November 2013, 06:24
MetalHead
Just call me: Mike

Columbiana AL
United States of America
Cool ... I see a MechMate in one ofth e pics !! . Will you be using a MechMate to cut your panels?

Guess I need to learn to read
Old Sun 17 November 2013, 06:27
darren salyer
Just call me: Darren #101

Wentzville mo
United States of America
Good Eye, Mike. He mentioned an unfinished MM, guess that's it.
Old Sat 23 November 2013, 21:55
garymo

Canberra
Australia
Definitely cut on my unfinished mechmate, very happy with the result and accuracy. I don't have gearboxes on my steppers but the finish is acceptable.
I cut all parts on the mechmate as can be seen in the updated blog i have also posted a quick video of the printer in operation.
If all goes well ill upload the files next week end, i have a bit to learn about website stuff and would like to tidy up the dwg files prior to releasing.
Old Sat 30 November 2013, 19:17
garymo

Canberra
Australia
Re Files are ready to download

If you are interested in the files they are available now at http://ouroborosdesign.com/?page_id=17
This is a work in progress and feed back is always welcome.
Regards
Gary
Old Sat 10 May 2014, 16:17
garymo

Canberra
Australia
Bit of an update on the 3d printer, we are starting to get some really good results out of it now, it is very stable both in rigidity thanks in part to the cabinet cut on the Mechmate.
The arms have been replaced with carbon fiber and traxxas rod ends (in the original files these were cut on the router) these are about a tenth of the weight and are very rigid, we will update the blog with a build on this soon.
The files for the printer have been downloaded quite a few times and we hope we can get others interested also. It is fantastic to be able to design and 3d print and opens up a whole new world of possibilities, we are aiming to keep all the hardware standard so it is easy to fix and trouble shoot and a common firmware will be available, gcode files will also be able to be shared between users.
We will also be blogging on software and slicers and print quality optimisation in the next few months to help everyone that is interested.
Old Tue 08 December 2015, 15:28
Dale Murray
Just call me: Skull

Brisbane, Qld
Australia
Hello Gary,
I've just been looking into the depths of the site and found your earlier posts. Have you done anything further with the design for the 3d printer.
I've been to your website but you have obviously moved the files for the printer. Is it still possible to get the design? I'm interested in making a printer to go with my Mechmate.
Cheers

Dale
Old Thu 10 December 2015, 16:30
servant74
Just call me: Jack

Nashville (Tennessee)
United States of America
Ditto to Dale Murray's comment!
Old Wed 16 December 2015, 13:51
garymo

Canberra
Australia
Hi Dale/Jack,

It would be great to have others having a go at this our website was hacked a couple of months back and we changed it at that time. As you probably know its crazy time in Au leading up till xmas, ill do my best to get these back up as soon as i can.

Regards
Gary
Old Sat 26 December 2015, 15:40
garymo

Canberra
Australia
I have set up a download page for the 3d printer files (autocad profiles a BOM and some assembly instructions) to access go to http://www.ouroborosdesign.comthey can be found under the download menu.

Gary
Old Fri 01 January 2016, 17:24
David Bryant
Just call me: David #99

Western Australia
Australia
Hi Gary
Was the Garden Studio shown on your site designed for flat packing? Was it made on the Mech Mate?

David
Old Thu 19 May 2016, 17:50
garymo

Canberra
Australia
Hi David the studio wasn't made on the mech mate
Old Thu 19 May 2016, 18:29
garymo

Canberra
Australia
Some updates since we lost the website a while back some images etc may have been lost so ill post a few updates first off i am attaching some images in the link below.

We have had a lot of people download the files and It would be great to see if any of you have successfully manged to get it up and running.

http://ouroborosdesign.com/?p=185

Also a featured 3d print instructable we did using the printer

[URL="http://www.instructables.com/id/3d-design-print-iphone-6-case/"]http:

We are printing with it regularly and have made some modifications printed using the printer which has only made it better its a great tool to have in the shop for making and repairing all sorts of things.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read