MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > The Market Place
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Wed 25 August 2010, 10:47
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
PMDX parallel port break out card for the MechMate
Old Wed 25 August 2010, 13:56
qroger
Just call me: Roger

Matthews (North Carolina)
United States of America
And then there is the mystical Gecko G540 that has it's own BOB.
http://www.geckodrive.com/product.aspx?i=14469
Old Fri 10 September 2010, 10:05
Mojo
Just call me: SolarImages

Bisbee, AZ
United States of America
Electrical kit

Mike, Let me know if you are ready to do one of these kits by November I will purchase from you then if thats the case thanks for your time.
Old Sun 12 September 2010, 08:11
MetalHead
Just call me: Mike

Columbiana AL
United States of America
Sending you a PM
Old Wed 03 November 2010, 01:36
rcboats1
Just call me: Kelly

Everett (WA)
United States of America
Mike, have you decided if you are doing the kits? I am ready to pull the trigger on my build.
Old Thu 04 November 2010, 08:30
MetalHead

Columbiana AL
United States of America
Yes I am still doing this. Here is a layout for the control box. This is the first offering at the moment. I will have the rest of the items in a few days. Again this will save you time sourcing things and on the basic components of the control box I feel it will save you some money also by keeping you from having to by lots or getting the wrong size box.

The Basic Control Box Kit (BC01) will have the following items

1 - 20x20x10 NEMA 4/12 Control Box
1 - Backing Plate for the Control Box
2 - 20 Inch DIN Rails
5 - 1 Inch DIN Rail Stand offs
5 - Black DIN Rail Terminal
5 - Red DIN Rail Terminal
10 - White DIN Rail Terminal
10 - Green DIN Rail Terminal
5 - Orange DIN Rail Terminal
5 - Yellow DIN Rail Terminal
5 - Blue DIN Rail Terminal
2 - Jumper Bars (For use in power and common for the motor drive's)
1 - 22Amp Contactor (For 220v) (I can change if you need 115v)
1 - On/Off Push Button Switch
2 - Contactor Blocks for On/Off Switch
1 - 130v AC Light Block for On/Off Switch
1 - Light Bulb for AC Block (This is the kind of little stuff that drives you mad!)
1 - Rotary Disconnect
1 - Rotary Disconnect Handle
1 - Rotary Disconnect Shaft

You get all of this for $390.12 plus freight. (Freight will be $70.00 in most cases, but I will try to get the best shipping possible)

I will add the BOB and Motor Diver Combos that you want so you can buy at the same time, or you can source those yourself.

The layout in the picture is only reference and it is designed for a left to right swing for the door and the motor drivers mount to the back plate. This box has enough size to do this. You can layout anyway you like, this is only a suggestion. The drawing is to scale so I know the items will layout like this with plenty of room to spare.

I did not add cable grommets because everyone does this a little different. But I will be getting some compression type grommets that will be $2.00 each. These seal the wires coming out of the control box if you are not using the plugs on the edge of your control box.

If anyone has corrections to this please let me know.

More to come ........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MechMate Enclosure Layout Small.jpg (44.9 KB, 2791 views)
Old Thu 04 November 2010, 08:44
gooberdog
Just call me: Chuck

Kansas City, MO
United States of America
Looks great Mike,
Any chance on you becoming the no hassle shielded flexible wire distributor I am looking for?
Chuck
Old Thu 04 November 2010, 10:58
MetalHead

Columbiana AL
United States of America
I am looking into that also. I want to source it here in the Metro and cut it up as needed by the foot for everyone.

For 4-Gecko 203v and 1-PMDX 122 the price will be $674.00. This includes a riser cable for the PMDX board. Part Number will be GB01.

So This step will be

$370.12 - BC01
$674.00 - GB01

Total $1044.12 plus frieght (About 70.00)

I will now price up the power supply and motor Combos.

At any point if you guys want to start ordering these, I am ready to take orders and can send you an invoice.

You can buy any combination of the kits. BC01 or GB01 or both BC01 and GB01.

PM me if you are interested.

Does anyone need any Geared motors? OM7.2's I have 4 used ones I will sell.
Old Mon 08 November 2010, 10:36
nadjib
Just call me: nadjibo

algers
Algeria
[QUOTE = Metalhead; 46839] Je suis en train aussi. Je veux ici source dans le métro et la couper au besoin par le pied pour tout le monde.

Pour 4-Gecko 203v et le 1-122 PMDX le prix sera 674,00 $. Cela inclut un câble riser pour le conseil PMDX. Numéro de la pièce sera GB01.

Donc, cette étape sera

370,12 $ - BC01
674,00 $ - GB01

Total frieght 1044,12 $ plus (A propos de 70,00)

Je vais maintenant des prix jusqu'à l'alimentation et Combos moteur.

À tout moment si vous voulez les gars pour commencer à commander ceux-ci, je suis prêt à prendre les commandes et peut vous envoyer une facture.

Vous pouvez acheter n'importe quelle combinaison de ces kits. BC01 ou GB01 ou les deux BC01 et GB01.

PM moi si vous êtes intéressé.

T-on besoin d'une Motoréducteurs? s OM7.2 «J'ai 4 celles utilisées je vais vendre. [/ QUOTE]
Old Thu 11 November 2010, 03:23
Stepinwolf
Just call me: Bob

Trois Rivieres
Canada
Time saving electrical kit

Mike, when ever the above kit is ready to ship, my credit card is ready to be violated once again. I presently have the P/S, Gecko's, Orientialls, and the BOB, but nothing else. If you need details on my purchases for your kit, please e-me.

" Nothing else " is actually all I know about purchasing the balance of the correct parts to build the control box. It's presently 3:00 Am, and I am so excited about your offer for the BC01 kit, that I have not been able to sleep a wink, so I got out of bed to send you this e-mail. I would also like you to ad the correct proxy sensor, and spindle control relay.

With no knowledge what so ever about the electronics for the MM, I mistakenly though that the local electronics retailer might be of help. Well guess what, the very first time I entered the store to inquire about a contactor, none of the employes knew what a contactor was. So much for the local help.

I have purchased from you before, so please e-me when you are ready to take my order.

regards
Bob
Old Thu 11 November 2010, 13:16
MetalHead

Columbiana AL
United States of America
PM Sent
Old Fri 12 November 2010, 07:08
Mojo

Bisbee, AZ
United States of America
I will be ready to buy very shortly and i am still interested in those motors waiting for a pay check and a car to sell. Please send me an invoice for BC01 for Bisbee Arizona 85601 I am ready to purchase that part of the kit now
Old Tue 16 November 2010, 18:01
rcboats1
Just call me: Kelly

Everett (WA)
United States of America
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalHead View Post

I will now price up the power supply and motor Combos.
Hi Mike,

Any luck with pricing on power supplies and motors yet? I'm going to spend the money either way, I might as well support you if I can get what I need.
Old Tue 16 November 2010, 20:55
MetalHead

Columbiana AL
United States of America
I sent you a PM .
Old Wed 01 December 2010, 09:56
MetalHead

Columbiana AL
United States of America
Cables

Ok everyone. I need to get some feedback on cables. I am about to order rolls of the F-CY-JZ in

20 Gauge

2 Core - Pricing now
4 Core - Price will be .88 per foot
8 Core - Price will be 1.32 per foot

I know from research we should be fine with the 20 guage wire.

What you will get will be a total length of your desired wire core count. NO CUT CHARGE.

Shipping will be about $25.00 for what ever amount you order.

I just want to find out who is interested in cable so I can get this piece moving.
Old Wed 01 December 2010, 10:01
Stepinwolf
Just call me: Bob

Trois Rivieres
Canada
Mike,

Count me in for the total quantity that will be needed ( 4' x 12' table ) for my build. As for the exact amount, when the time comes, I will need your help in trying toi figure it out.

Robert
Old Wed 01 December 2010, 10:25
bradm
Just call me: Brad #10

Somerville(MA)
United States of America
Quick rough sketch of wire length required:

GL = Gantry Length; TL = Table Length; DCB = Distance to Control Box; WL = Working Length for strain relief, stripping, connections.

From Y-Car, or Gantry Far: GL + TL + DCB + WL + WL
From Gantry Near: TL + DCB + WL + WL
From Y-Car to Gantry Far: GL + WL + WL

For a 60" x 120" (4'x8' working area) table with 24" (2') allowances for connections and a wall mounted box needing 72" (6') to reach:

(3) 4-core for motors at 5'+10'+6'+2'+2' = 25' * 3 = 75'
(1) 4-core for motor at 10' + 6' + 2' + 2' = 20'
(1 ea) 8-core for low voltage sensors and controls, 2-core estop at 5' + 2' + 2' = 9'
(1 ea) 8-core for low voltage sensors and controls, 2-core estop at 10' + 6' + 2' + 2' = 20'

So 95' of 4 core, and 29' each of 8 core and 2 core. For the 4' x 12', 111' of 4 core, 34' each of 8 core and 2 core.

Don't forget the 25' (or 29') of spindle or router feed (for a router, that's a standard extension cord).
Old Wed 01 December 2010, 11:47
gooberdog
Just call me: Chuck

Kansas City, MO
United States of America
Mike,
Count me in for
120 ft 4 core
50 ft 2 core
50ft 8 core
And thanks
Old Sun 09 January 2011, 08:17
MetalHead

Columbiana AL
United States of America
I got a PM recommending that I add the option for the remotes to the list of items I have available. So here is what I have. This set will be called RB01 and will be two sets like the ones pictured for $135.00 delivered in the lower 48 States.

RB01 Contains the following items.

2 - Pushbutton Enclosure, 3 hole, Extinguishing Thermoplastic
2 - Legend Plate, RED, Emergency Stop
2 - Legend Plate, Black, Start
2 - Legend Plate, Red, Stop
2 - Flush Operator, Yellow (For soft stop using BOB E-stop)(Really a PAUSE Button)
2 - Flush Operator, Green
2 - Emergency Stop pushbutton Non-metallic, Twist-to-release, Red, (Wired to Contactor in control box to shut down power to system)
2 - Single Contact Block, 1 N.O.
4 - Single Contact Block, 1 N.C.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04789.JPG (38.4 KB, 2202 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04792.JPG (50.1 KB, 2202 views)
Old Tue 15 February 2011, 18:03
MetalHead

Columbiana AL
United States of America
If your looking for Electic Parts, review this thread and shoot me a PM. I have Motors, PS , Basic Electric Kits, Remotes, PMDX and Driver boards.

The BC01,GB01,RB01 is $1249.12 delivered in the lower 48 states.

MC01 - 4-640 oz Motors and 1 Matched power supply $595.00 delivered in the lower 48 states.

I also have a PMDX-122 and 4 Gecko 202 drivers I will sell for $475.00 delivered in the lower 48 states.

I also have at least 4 OM7.2 Motors that I will sell for $850.00

I have have a lot of stuff in stock, Including laser cut and bent parts.
Old Fri 18 February 2011, 05:23
Don_Kellogg
Just call me: Don

Kalamazoo, MI
United States of America
Mike,

Any plans to carry the standard IGUS cable carrier. I've reviewed several threads but so far have not found part # for what everyone is using. The other thing I have not found a source for is the gas shock, but that's not electrical.
Old Fri 18 February 2011, 06:34
smreish
Just call me: Sean - #5, 28, 58 and others

Orlando, Florida
United States of America
McMaster Carr is a good source for both

Reid Supply also has the igus carrier or igus.com will sell you it from the online store.

Sean
Old Mon 23 July 2012, 18:51
Mrayhursh
Just call me: Hurshy

Riverview, Florida
United States of America
Mike
Is this cable still available, or is there a newer better product available? What connectors are being used to connect the stepper motors back to the control box?
Old Mon 23 July 2012, 19:25
MetalHead

Columbiana AL
United States of America
I have plenty in stock. This is good motion wire. Most have opted to omit connectors and wire from the motors all the way into the box through grommets to terminal blocks. Fewer fail points. The BC01 kit I also have in stock has a lot of the basics needed including a 20x20x10 NEMA 4/12 box.
Old Mon 23 July 2012, 20:17
Mrayhursh

Riverview, Florida
United States of America
Mike, I have already purchased the BC01 kit and 4 640oz NEMA 34 motors and 1 matched power supply from CV Supply great people to do business with. Talk to Mike (ha! ha!). What is the cost per foot of the 8 wire cable. How much is generally needed? Any other cable needed.
Old Mon 23 July 2012, 21:08
MetalHead

Columbiana AL
United States of America
Ha !!! Guess I should check my records before responding !!! Wire is a kit. 82 feet of 8 core and 164 feet of 4 core. I just got two spools and need to check and make sure the price per sqft foot is going to hold as before. I'll PM you with an update tomorrow.
Old Mon 23 July 2012, 23:02
jask
Just call me: John

Kamloops B.C.
Canada
per SQ/FT !!!? that is a lot of wire....
Old Tue 24 July 2012, 05:24
MetalHead

Columbiana AL
United States of America
Oops that would be a lot of wire !!! Thx !
Old Fri 08 March 2013, 14:21
Mojo

Bisbee, AZ
United States of America
Metal please send me a invoice for the gb01 please
Old Thu 06 June 2013, 12:05
Mrayhursh

Riverview, Florida
United States of America
Not sure what a gbo1 is

Are you sending this to the correct person

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read