MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > The Market Place
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Thu 18 June 2015, 16:17
danilom
Just call me: Danilo #64

Novi Sad
Serbia
UCCNC Software and Hardware

I am very pleased to see a very well priced alternative to Mach3-4 from a known manufacturer of motion cards for Mach.

http://cncdrive.com/UCCNC.html

Their software first worked only with UC100 but now works with UC300 5 ports card. In couple of weeks I will have it tested on my machine.

It offers some very nice features and seems to be well supported and constantly developed.

Some interesting videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ8NM1MVFdM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa-_CoJV9Bw

Price in Europe is from 125 - 150 EUR with hardware which can work with Mach and the licence for their own software. Maybe not as customisable as Mach but lacks no options needed for a Mechmate.

I am in no way affiliated with them, only very pleased to see such a nice product.
Old Sat 20 June 2015, 21:43
ger21
Just call me: Ger

Detroit, MI
United States of America
That first video was done by a friend of mine, and I've seen it running the same g-code with both Mach3 and UCCNC.
UCCNC is noticeably smoother, faster, and more accurate than Mach3 when doing 3D cutting.

It's not perfect, though. It apparently has some random bugs that have been hard to track down. And it's missing some features, like G17/G18/G19 and G41/G42.

It is a fairly new product, so hopefully the bugs will get ironed out and more features added as time goes on.

The screen can be customized, but it's currently much more difficult than doing it in Mach3.

If they can get the bugs ironed out, and improve the feature set, UCCNC may be a good alternative to Mach4.
Old Sat 20 June 2015, 22:11
danilom
Just call me: Danilo #64

Novi Sad
Serbia
The gcodes missing are hardly of any use to us with routers who use Vectric or Artcam along with other cam programs which really cant even output those codes.

In my opinion as they have control over software and hardware part of the control it should be fairly easy to remove bugs and improve furher like planetcnc and eding. Never you can improve if others like Mach are dictating the pace, and once you settle on one solution they put out the complete rewrite and you are back at the beginning.
Old Sun 21 June 2015, 05:18
ger21
Just call me: Ger

Detroit, MI
United States of America
If Mach4 isn't much further along in another 6-12 months, I may seriously consider UCCNC.
However, I use G41/G42 for almost all my 2D code, so I'll need that added.

As far as bugs, my friend has found a few that are hard to reproduce. And he's also had a hard time convincing CNC Drive that some of the bugs he's found exist. But once he's been able to show them the bugs, they have fixed them very quickly.
Old Sun 21 June 2015, 10:48
Robert M
Just call me: Robert

Lac-Brome, Qc
Canada
Send a message via Yahoo to Robert M Send a message via Skype™ to Robert M
I'm definitively not qualify to say nor have opinion.....but, it sure looks very promising and certainly interesting !

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read