MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > The Market Place
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Thu 21 August 2014, 06:47
Fox
Just call me: Fox

Amsterdam
Netherlands
licensed reseller ?

Hey Mike,

stumbled upon this http://www.m-machine-metals.co.uk/downloads.html. Don't know if they are a licensed reseller ?
Old Thu 21 August 2014, 13:00
timberlinemd
Just call me: Steve #66

Arizona
United States of America
He is just selling the 'Lasercut' parts needed for the build. There are several around the world that have been doing that since MM went public by its creator Gerald. Mike was one of those 'resellers' before Gerald decided to retire and offered 'the job of substaining' the MM website and forum to the 'forum group', which Mike jumped on.

Mike may now ship worldwide, but in the beginning we needed to look for our laser cut parts locally. I see no issues.
Old Sun 07 September 2014, 10:56
IN-WondeR
Just call me: Kim

Randers
Denmark
And even if he was selling the parts, he could have gotten the plans way before they cost money, and in such a situation, he would be eligable to sell his parts in what ever way he wanted.
Old Sun 07 September 2014, 13:10
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Not true Kim. Even then he would have agreed to download the plans only to build one machine for himself. See http://www.mechmate.com/useragreement.html
Old Sun 07 September 2014, 14:10
IN-WondeR
Just call me: Kim

Randers
Denmark
So all the people through time which have sold parts for the MM are not allowed to. My self included. I believe there was a thread inhere about suppliers of parts for the MM. So yes, the legality of him selling the parts for his own profit is sound.

I cannot find anything to avoid him from selling parts for the machine. He's not selling the machine as his own, and as far as I read on his site, he is advertising that the parts are for an open source CNC router. He is still only selling the parts, not complete machines under his own name.

Selling parts cannot be concidered copying or in any way earning money on the entire machine, he is only earning money on some of the parts for the machine.

And I was never licensed to manufacture the parts...

Last edited by IN-WondeR; Sun 07 September 2014 at 14:13..
Old Sun 07 September 2014, 15:39
MetalHead
Just call me: Mike

Columbiana AL
United States of America
People that are allowed to resell parts are at my choosing to help support the growth of the platform globally.

I own the name and the rights to allow others to sell these parts globally.

http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfi...807:ehk7wp.2.1

So Thanks for the heads up, I will look into it.

The main point I want to make here is that if I allow folks to sell parts globally in order to keep costs down for builders they have to support the forum in a way that I feel is in the best interest of the brand.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read