MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Miscellaneous hardware and software > Miscellaneous / General / Whatever / Catchall
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mon 31 December 2012, 06:53
Robert M
Just call me: Robert

Lac-Brome, Qc
Canada
Send a message via Yahoo to Robert M Send a message via Skype™ to Robert M
Google Chrome Question

Humm…I’m not confident my post should be here, but….while on the subject of spam & malware…..
Has any one of you guys have been worn by your browser ( I use Chrome) with this WARNING : The Website Ahead Contains Malware - Google Chrome has blocked access to cnczone.com for now….. ???

Not an expert on this, can anyone advise if…..I (and/or anyone for that matter) should go ahead….or wait till google removes this warning ?
Thanks.

PS…..if this should be moved to another thread, please do so !?
Old Mon 31 December 2012, 09:54
sailfl
Just call me: Nils #12

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Here is a link to the Conficker Working Group that has some test you can run to tell if you have the conficker worm malware.

http://www.confickerworkinggroup.org/wiki/

The test are on the right side of the page. If you are infected, there are links to programs that will remove the problem.
Old Mon 31 December 2012, 14:52
Robert M

Lac-Brome, Qc
Canada
Hi Nils !
Thanks for this link & tip !
But I'm not worried as if I'm infected !!
What I'm wondering is, if anyone else is getting a malware warning if they try to get in this forum ?
Enjoy a nice new years eve.....and may 2013 be good to all w/health, prosperity and more....
Old Mon 31 December 2012, 16:08
ger21
Just call me: Ger

Detroit, MI
United States of America
I'm a moderator at CNC Zone. Paul, the owner, has said repeatedly that the malware warnings are false, and that there is no malware at CNC Zone. He's been working hard to correct the false messages.
I personally have been getting them almost daily for the last 10-14 days or so, and just use the ignore option, or "this is not an attack site"
I haven't had any issues on my end.
Old Mon 31 December 2012, 17:06
bradm
Just call me: Brad #10

Somerville(MA)
United States of America
If you click on the 'advanced' link when you see that message, you'll get Google's analysis report. In this case:

Code:
What is the current listing status for www.cnczone.com/forums?
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 30 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 2101 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 209 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-12-31, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-12-31.
Malicious software includes 158 trojan(s), 5 exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 2 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 18 domain(s), including rtffeatureand.org/, marylandbenefitsdirect.com/, cracklebeatbox.org/.

4 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including journaldugeek.com/, eclnetworks.net/, axcessnews.com/.

This site was hosted on 2 network(s) including AS32244 (LIQUID), AS15169 (Google Internet Backbone).
In all probability, there is malware being delivered, or attempted to be delivered by a third party ad network, other external link on that site, or a bad attachment somewhere. My sympathies to Paul, as this stuff can be a bear to track down, but simply asserting that there is no malware on the site itself does not mean that browsing the site is necessarily completely safe.

Since most malware targets specific platforms, it's quite possible that that most users will not see a problem.
Old Tue 01 January 2013, 01:02
Robert M

Lac-Brome, Qc
Canada
Gerry, Brad…. many thanks for this follow-up and clarifying the situation…..I can now go back and navigate through the ….zone

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read