MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > MechMates already cutting
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Today's Posts

Old Thu 22 April 2010, 23:18
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredkehler View Post
... the mechmate is turning out to be a workhorse... doing what we ask it without complaining...
Are you telling us that you are cutting with your MM already? Then it is time for us to move the thread and you to show some pics!
Old Fri 23 April 2010, 09:23
fredkehler
Just call me: fred

Abbotsfrod (BC)
Canada
cutting already..

Yes, we've been cutting since the end of february... lots of test cuts, as we discovered a problem with the Z axis losing steps ( always in the same direction), turned out my attempt to use a Gecko 210 ( new from a previous project) backfired as there apparently is a problem with the logic when they are used in the 10ustep mode... on very small direction changes (as in doing 3D carving) the driver can lose a few steps... problem solved by replacing it with a 203V ( which my other 3 drivers were already.... Gecko has offered to repair the problem, even though the drive was purchased several years ago... very impressed with their service....
Now that we finally have that resolved we are moving ahead with some 'real' work, a complex sign project out of UHD and surfacing some maple slabs...
will post some pix...

cheers
Old Fri 23 April 2010, 09:58
Travish
Just call me: Travis #75

Wa
United States of America
Hi Fred, Glad to hear you guys are up and cutting for the most part. Yes, I have a build going here on the forum as well. http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showt...3899#post33899

Looking forward to seeing the upcoming pictures.

Cheers,
Travis

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Today's Posts