MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Structure & Mechanics > 50. Toolheads
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Tue 09 December 2008, 12:08
KevinL
Just call me: Kevin

Kansas
United States of America
Brazilian Spindle (Tecmaf)

There's a thread on here talking about Chinese spindles, so I thought I'd start one asking about Brazilian spindles. I know there are several Brazilian builders on here, and I think Fabio is using a Tecmaf spindle. How is the quality of this spindle? What HP ratings are available?

I will be making a trip to northeast Brazil over the holiday. What price would I expect to pay for one in the 4-5 HP range? Non-gringo price, of course. I will be spending part of the time in Recife, which I assume would be a large enough city to have a distributor?

Obrigado
Old Wed 10 December 2008, 09:15
zetacnc
Just call me: Fabio

Atibaia
Brazil
Hello Kevin,

I am a sales representative for Tecmaf high speed spindle motors here in Brazil, and I'm afraid that are no sales representative/distribuitor for the north region.

We have high speed motors from 1,2CV to 10CV featuring angular contact bearings (ceramic bearings under request) air cooled, with collet holder build-in and nut.

I have one 4CV (18.000 rpm) motor with ER25 collect size (max 16mm tool shaft diameter, near 5/8" shaft).Below are two simple pdf files with dimensions, one for 1,2CV, other for 4CV motors.

I can sale the 4CV motor for equivalent to US$ 1,800.00, and I have WEG CFW08 inverters (5cv 300Hz) for equivalent to US$ 526.00 (US dollars).

Unfortunatedly Recife is very far from where I live, but if you came to Sao Paulo for fligth connection for example, will be a pleasure to meet you personally and I can bring you one 4cv motor for you.

Please feel free to call me if you have interest.

+55 11 4402-7904 (home)
+55 11 8271-4022 (mobile)

http://www.tecmaf.com.br/1cv03/TMM-01-0110.pdf

http://www.tecmaf.com.br/4cv09/TMM-03-0005.pdf

Last edited by Gerald D; Wed 10 December 2008 at 09:44..
Old Wed 10 December 2008, 11:44
KevinL

Kansas
United States of America
Hi Fabio,

My interest would probably be more in the smaller spindle. I believe you said you paid $850 for that model in your original post. And knowing how bad the exchange rate was back then, and how much better it is now, I was hoping I could pick that model up at a very good price.

How has your experience been with the smaller spindle? You were having some problems with overheating, but it looks like those were resolved. Any other problems?
Old Wed 10 December 2008, 16:04
zetacnc

Atibaia
Brazil
Kevin,

Yes, the small one (1,2CV) still cost US$ 850.00 (today the exchange rate is 2,47 Reais to 1 US$)

My experience with this motor is not very big, but I'm satisfied with it, even runnint it without some spacial devices like reactors...I knew some cases that are mainly human mistakes, lack of proper kind, knolledge or even stupidity.

Some guys tried to use that motor at very slow rpm, and they ran very hot due to lack of air flux and of course too small torque for that low rpm, and thus forcing the motor beyond it's capacity...they didn't know that this kind of motor are made to run at high rpms only.

Another guy extracted the fan attached at the top of the motor because he was unconfortable with the sound produced by the propeller, and you can imagine how finnished that story...

I knew anither guy are using elecrical fans attached side by side with motor chassis for helping ventilation, because he lives in a vey hot place - he told manufacturer that it really helped and solved temperature problems, but we discovered he was using very very big diameter tools with very deep cuts...

The manufacturer reported that is a tendency to bearing life a little bit shorter with machines without vacuum cleaning devices if compared to machines equipped with, and he suspect that is more a case of lack of preventive maintenance, like cleaning relaxation, or use of compressed air to clean powder acumulated over machine surfaces.

There are a lot of people using these motors with 400 Hz VFDs, and a few ones with 500 Hz VFDs, but with the last the bearings life is shortenned some...

But there are not only bad reports - there are a lot of machines installed with these motors, and even some Italian wood machines that we retrofitted with Brazillian motors, substituing Colombo motors, Elte motors etc...

The manufacturer is working in new motors with enhanced electric circuits, water cooling and even auto change tooling ...

I hope this brief helped you, and feel free to ask me more info if needed.

Best regards
Old Thu 11 December 2008, 22:45
KevinL

Kansas
United States of America
Sounds interesting. As you get information on the new spindles being developed, let us know.

My wife and I usually fly through Sao Paulo to Recife, but both American and Delta now fly direct, so we are taking American this time.
Old Fri 12 December 2008, 03:52
zetacnc

Atibaia
Brazil
Well, I wish you a good trip and staying in Recife - try to visit "Porto de Galinhas" and surroundings - it's a very beautyfull region full of beaches and calm warm water.
Old Fri 12 December 2008, 08:02
KevinL

Kansas
United States of America
Thanks, that's area is actually our ultimate destination. her parents have a place in Maragogi.
Old Sat 02 May 2009, 04:18
stan stuart
Just call me: stan

brisbane
Australia
hi fabio
do you have aproximatly 2.2kw 220v 50hz for australian market
thank you
Old Mon 04 May 2009, 15:34
zetacnc

Atibaia
Brazil
Hello Stan,

I'll talk with the engineer about this question and post here for you.

My main doubt is about the frequency - here we use 60Hz and probably if you run these motors on 50Hz, there will be a little less rpm, but i don't know about other possible problems...
Old Mon 04 May 2009, 21:10
stan stuart
Just call me: stan

brisbane
Australia
Thank you I will wait for your reply
stan
Old Mon 04 May 2009, 23:16
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Fabio & Stan, the supply frequency makes no difference to the spindle because the VFD takes care of it. The VFD receives 50 or 60 Hz from your mains supply, converts it to DC, then converts it again to a variable frequency of your choice to control the speed of the spindle.
Old Tue 05 May 2009, 08:45
zetacnc

Atibaia
Brazil
Gerald,

You are right again! (not surprise).

Stan,
I'll translate some information for you, and I hope it will be intelligible.

Feel free to ask me if there are some doubts.

2CV motor - 1600 Watt (two construction types - two rpm ranges)
http://www.tecmaf.com.br/prod-automacao-2cv.htm#

- type 1 (model TMM-02-001)
Developed to work with milling and drilling or other tooling types, very good rigidity due to use of angular contact bearing (with possibility to adjust play), air refrigerated by shaft propeller and nose prepared to receive ER20 collects (with nut but no collects)
http://www.tecmaf.com.br/2cv06/TMM-02-0001.pdf

- type 2 (model TMC-02-001)
Developed to work with milling and drilling or other tooling types, very good rigidity due to use of angular contact bearing (with possibility to adjust play), compressed air refrigerated and nose prepared to receive HSK32 tooliong shafts.
http://www.tecmaf.com.br/2cv07/TMC-02-0001.pdf

4CV motor - 3000W
- model TMM-03-0005
Developed to work with milling and drilling or other tooling types, very good rigidity due to use of angular contact bearing (with possibility to adjust play), air refrigerated by shaft propeller and nose prepared to receive ER25 collects (with nut but no collects)
http://www.tecmaf.com.br/4cv09/TMM-03-0005.pdf

In the attached image from left to right: 1CV, 2CV and 4CV
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tecmaf1.jpg (12.1 KB, 274 views)

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read