MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > MechMates already cutting
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mon 11 January 2010, 22:43
swatkins
Just call me: Steve

Houston
United States of America
I also like the drum!

In fact it gives me an idea for remote locating my delta dust collector to the second floor and keeping a small drum beside the table saw and location for the future MM.... IF I move it to the second floor I can enclose it and cut down on some of the noise...

Thanks for the Idea
Old Mon 11 January 2010, 22:44
swatkins
Just call me: Steve

Houston
United States of America
Quote:
Originally Posted by myozman View Post
Working on and off this afternoon, I managed to assemble and install the 3 to 1 belt drive gear plates I bought from Castone (Leo). Everything seems to move and jog well. Now I can't wait to do some test cuts early this week. Need to do a little paint touch-up when the weather warms up. Really went together pretty easy. Just wish I had a better hardware selection in my town.
What part of the hardware are you unhappy with?
Old Tue 12 January 2010, 04:46
myozman
Just call me: Mike #16

Demotte,IN
United States of America
I was happy about the plates and design. I was unhappy with the local hardware store. I don't have a very good selection of fasteners near me. So I had to do a little brain storming to make things happen. I don't have a machine shop, so I take a different approach than others sometimes.

I used threaded rod couplers, smaller than the space between the plates (because that's all I could get) and a nut, so I could adjust the distance with my calipers to make the plates parrallel. Alot of extra messing around to get the job done.

I guess it's no different than building the Mechmate. Everyones has it's unique features to accomplish the same result.

Mike

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read