MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Common Assemblies & Parts > Motors & their mountings
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Thu 06 August 2009, 21:43
qangel1000
Just call me: Lily

Cleveland
United States of America
Would you mind to help me to solve the problem for Keling stepper Motor Driver?

Actually, I bought a motor which is keling KL34H295-43-8A, and a driver which is KL-9082. the link is below:
http://www.kelinginc.net/KLDriver.html

Now, I have some problem. Actually, the min microsteps for the motor driver is 1/2 which is 400 steps per circle. I just want it to go on 200 steps per circle which is 1 microsteps. How can I get there?

Anyway, I use the bipolar(parallel) to connect the motor and the driver!

Thank you for helping.
Old Thu 06 August 2009, 22:00
MattyZee
Just call me: Matt

Adelaide
Australia
Can i ask why you want to do this? steppers run very rough when full stepped. You are better off microstepping.
Old Thu 06 August 2009, 22:13
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
I think along the same lines as Matt, for a Mechmate application, a non geared stepper will not be acceptable without microstepping at the least. Are you looking to build a Mechmate with this setup?
Old Thu 06 August 2009, 22:56
qangel1000

Cleveland
United States of America
en, Actually, the motor is fit with our torque requirement, because we want it to draw something instead of accuracy. When I calculate the torque, I thought the motor is good for us at 750 rpm which is 200 Microseconds delay per pulse. but now, when we got the driver, we found that it cannot run at 200 steps per circle which means we must half the delay to let it meet our requirement. finally, when we test it, we found that it doesn't work totally. That is way I ask for how to make singal microstep for the driver?
Old Fri 07 August 2009, 06:35
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
How does this relate to building a Mechmate? This forum is for discussion of building the Mechmate router. For general CNC and stepper type discussions you could try www.cnczone.com.
Old Fri 07 August 2009, 07:40
Richards
Just call me: Mike

South Jordan, UT
United States of America
There are several factors involved with running a stepper motor. The resolution (number of steps) is only one factor.

Except for very light use, a stepper motor cannot be driven with a constant pulse rate. It has to "ramp" up and "ramp" down. Just like a car has to accelerate up to speed and decelerate before stopping, a stepper motor has to be ramped. That is a function of the pulse generator (Mach3, for instance).

For years, I built process control machines that used stepper motors. All of those machines used either 200 steps per revolution or 400 steps per revolution. The Geckos that I now use are far superior to those other drivers. Geckos run at 2,000 steps per revolution. They run much smoother and they give excellent control of the motor, and that is why we have stepper drivers.

With proper ramping, you should have no problem using your motors at 400 steps per revolution; however, I would seriously think about using 2,000 steps per revolution.
Old Fri 07 August 2009, 23:42
qangel1000

Cleveland
United States of America
Thank you, Now, I know what is Mach3. But actually, my problem is that my motor don't have much force to draw something when it run in high speed which is 750 RPM. we need the motor to draw about 30N force. Also, because we use the microcontroller to control the driver and the motor. therefore, we probably will not use Mach3, instead, we may need to write the program by ourselves. Do you have any suggestion for this?

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read