MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > After Building the Beast - Operating , Troubleshooting and Maintenance > Troubleshooting
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Wed 21 September 2022, 15:49
bmusson
Just call me: Brent

Altadena
United States of America
Exclamation Stepper moves in random directions (forward or backwards)

When running G-code (or jogging) the stepper will either move in the correct direction or in the opposite direction, randomly. I've replaced the Gecko drive and the wires to it (some looked pretty cooked). I even replaced the entire PC that I use to run the G-code; I made a clone as a spare, when I set up the machine.

Before and after all the attempts at repair, the malfunction happens exactly the same, without the slightest change. I don't know what to try next.
Old Thu 22 September 2022, 08:12
Mcmoo
Just call me: McMoo

Norfolk
United Kingdom
Is it just on one axis?

If you swap either the motor, or driver with another one does it keep doing it on the same one, or on the swapped one?

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read