MechMate CNC Router Forum

MechMate CNC Router Forum (http://www.mechmate.com/forums/index.php)
-   Test Area for this forum (http://www.mechmate.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Big Problems (http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319)

Admin Sat 19 May 2007 08:47

Big Problems

List your big problems here please:

I'll start with some:

1. About, 5% of the posts didn't come over from the old board - look at Donald's laser cut thread to see what the interim solution is..

2. Many links are broken, photos are missing - see Fabrica's thread. :mad:

Lot's of fixing still lies ahead, but I think we are okay for a shaky start :)

Admin Sat 19 May 2007 11:25

I have had a couple of guys saying that this board does not recognize their usernames/passwords from the old board. THAT's GOOD! :)

Passwords are scrambled by the boards and I can't get a simple list to hand from the one software to the other. As I mentioned before, you will have re-register here.

Bob Cole Sat 19 May 2007 15:20

Inverted posting order

Gerald:

i have been trying some different options with how to get the threads to display from oldest to most recent {at the bottom]..
I think if you chose to display the threads from the choices in the upper right "display modes" box, choose "switch to hybrid mode", and it should display like the old forum.

soulvoid Sat 19 May 2007 18:49

SOme chars and html tags did not come over correctly, € and color and strike tags it seems like in the cable and wiring.

Gerald D Sat 19 May 2007 22:07

This board has a "search & replace" facility that I will be trying to fix some of the characters. This should be easy for the badly screwed up characters, but I cannot auto-fix cases where the apostrophe has been replaced by just the letter "b"

J.R. Hatcher Sun 20 May 2007 13:23

Tagpro supplies RFID antenna comb for wheelie bin lifts

Bill McGuire Sun 20 May 2007 16:48

It will probably take me a couple of days to get used to this new format, but I am pretty much used to waking up in a new world every day already. :)
I'm actually just posting to see if my thoughts will upload.
Looks great to me, Gerald! Even the blue shading looks the same.
(It was blue, before, wasn't it?)

Alan_c Tue 22 May 2007 07:33

Mass Subscription / Notification

Is there any way one could subscribe/be notified for all posts/threads short of going to each and every thread and subscribing (waaay too much effort) I had a look at UserCP but could not find what i was looking for?:confused:

Gerald D Tue 22 May 2007 08:38

Alan, welcome back.

Alas, I was thinking that vB had subscription at Forum topic level, but it would appear for now that it is at the thread level only. Even if you do laboriously subscribe to each thread, you will miss the new threads. I used to use the mass subscribe, but now I will have to find something else . . . . . . :(