MechMate CNC Router Forum

MechMate CNC Router Forum (http://www.mechmate.com/forums/index.php)
-   Profiled (laser cut) & bent steel plate (http://www.mechmate.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Laser Cut and Bent Parts - United States (http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1124)

jbmclain Fri 24 October 2008 18:39

Conrado,
I just sent you an email with all the details.

Glad to have you on board.
Joe

kanankeban Fri 24 October 2008 19:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanankeban View Post
Hi Joe...
I ordered the parts from you on may...i left the project in stand by but now I ready to start, the parts you send me where i think mamba parts, i just want to know if the parts are the same as the newest sets or if there has been changes?
Kindest Regards,
Hector
Any comment?:rolleyes:

Conrado_Navarro Sat 25 October 2008 09:01

Thank you Joe
I`m glad to be here

I dont recive your email yet
confirm my email conrado_navarro@hotmail.com
or conrado_navarro@yahoo.com

sailfl Sat 25 October 2008 13:17

Hector

The mamba parts should be good.

jbmclain Sat 25 October 2008 16:21

The parts are all basicly the same. The Main Car Plate has a small tab that is a mount for a e-stop box.
I also added four 1/4inch washers for the feet and a beefier box to ship everything in.
I peronaly am using The Classic Version, because I purched it a few years ago and I couldn't waste it.

Good luck with your build.
Joe

Conrado_Navarro Mon 27 October 2008 16:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmclain View Post
Conrado,
I just sent you an email with all the details.

Glad to have you on board.
Joe
Hey Joe:
I did not recive the mail
could you please re-send it please :o?
I`ll apreciatte it

Best Regards
Conrad

jbmclain Mon 27 October 2008 20:58

Conrado,
I just sent you a Email.
Let me know if you don't get it.

Joe

jbmclain Sat 15 November 2008 11:13

Laser Cut Parts

I am picking up another set of parts from the Laser/ Fabricators on Monday!:)
I have about three extra sets available if anyone is ready for them.
They are $448.00 plus shipping.
If you want a set, email or PM me your complete shipping address so I can see what shipping is to you.

Joe
1mclain@bellsouth.net

MetalHead Wed 19 November 2008 18:41

Here we go !!

Well went by and met Joe. Had a great visit and I am sure we will chat a lot in the future !! I now have my first pile of MM parts.. So I am in for sure. I am on to sourcing some of the steel through my local channels !! Great to meet you Joe !!!

jrabeneck Thu 20 November 2008 03:27

Got my Mamba parts from Joe yesterday. The fit and finish is outstanding. I am gathering parts for upgrading a PR 96 Shopbot machine.

jbmclain Fri 21 November 2008 18:46

J.R.'s Leg Levelers

2 Attachment(s)
Since I saw J.R.'s Leg Levelers I knew I had to have/make them. And I did!
I have included four 3" round disk in last 20 sets I've sent out.
The Manufacture of the rubber part has agreed to sell them to me for about (parts$ + shipping$ =) $1.50 each.

I ordered 120 pieces so let me know if you are interested.

Joe

Rad Racer Sat 22 November 2008 21:52

Hi Joe,

Got my parts a couple days ago....love'em. Very well made.

I wondered what the disks were for, thought they might be feet. I am interested in the rubber parts to complete the feet....$1.50ea is reasonable.

Wayne

J.R. Hatcher Sun 23 November 2008 06:39

3 Attachment(s)
Joe I thought about making the hole in the 3" disk so it could be threaded. This would eliminate the nut and allow it to bottom out much nicer on the leg.
I used a Forster bit and increased the depth of the recess in the rubber foot maybe 1/8" so the head of the bolt couldn't bottom out over time.
When I had the machine all level, I went back and measured the gap between the disk and the leg and cut pieces of 3/4" ID water pipe and installed them to make it stronger. The 1/2" bolt alone looked a little dinky to me.
A link for more detail http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showt...9&postcount=81

domino11 Sun 23 November 2008 18:50

JR,
What if you used a Grade 5 or Grade 8 bolt? Wouldnt that be strong enough? Gerald what are your thoughts on the bolt strength?

robertmonroe Mon 24 November 2008 23:03

I need some laser cut parts for one MechMate.

Robert Turner
El Paso, Texas

I'm also looking to buy any other parts and components used in building a MechMate.

jbmclain Tue 25 November 2008 10:59

Robert, I just sent you a P.M.

jbmclain Wed 03 December 2008 16:40

Laser Cut Parts

2 Attachment(s)
Currently I have 8 sets of parts that are ready to go.:D
If you are interested in a set? $454.00 plus Shipping.
Shoot me a email at 1mclain@bellsouth.net with all your shipping info. so I can calculate shipping to you.

Thanks
Joe

bradm Wed 03 December 2008 17:27

Hey Joe, if you don't mind sharing, how many sets of parts have passed through you? You must be responsible for a few dozen machines by now?

jbmclain Wed 03 December 2008 18:57

Laser Cut Parts

I think its somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 sets. I am enjoying seeing peoples machines in the process of being made.
My build is going slowwwww. Golf is getting in my way, its the Alabama weather.:o

I'm glad to help and Keep up the good work.
Joe

BHawthorne Fri 05 December 2008 19:16

My set arrived today:
http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showt...9&postcount=63

Conrado_Navarro Fri 05 December 2008 20:02

thank you

Hi Joe
I recived my parts today, thank you :D

Delamination Sun 21 December 2008 00:51

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Joe, I am not sure if I properly understand how the skate goes together. The two holes in M610116PB for the 1/2" height adjustment bolts seem to be laser cut at 1/2" diameter, which means they can't be tapped. Is there something I'm missing? Thanks.

sailfl Sun 21 December 2008 01:20

Travis,

Check your drawing package. There is a set of drawings that cover the parts for grinding assembly.

Gerald D Sun 21 December 2008 01:32

I have checked the .dxf. Those holes should be 9mm. From Travis's photo they are clearly much bigger.

A thin nut under the skate could be the fix.

sailfl Sun 21 December 2008 02:55

Joe,

Soon you will have to include key chains and pecan nuts with your orders! (That is a Southern thing - the nuts)

jbmclain Sun 21 December 2008 07:09

Yea, J.R. had me change that for him and my laser guy changed that on the master cut list.
I'll get that fixed on the next batch of parts I get cut.

I am still sitting on about 5 sets to sell if anyone wants to buy them selfs a Christmas present.?:)

The nuts idea (lol)sounds great, but the box weighs 65 pounds and that would be pushing the UPS shipping limits. Not to mention my back.

I am still looking for some parts that I can buy from local suppliers to include in the kit. You wouldn't believe the sources within a 2mile area where I work.

Delamination Tue 23 December 2008 20:55

Revision control was often difficult when working with vendors at my old job. I dealth with circuit boards with multiple copper and parts list revisions. Thousands of dollars of scrap through mistakes and misunderstandings (theirs and mine :( ).

711man Thu 25 December 2008 09:13

Kit arrived

Joe,
I forgot to say that my laser parts arrived a few days ago. They look great! Nice touch adding the leveling feet and the MechMate logo’s. Thanks a lot!!!

BillT

jbmclain Fri 09 January 2009 18:23

Laser Cut Parts

For those wondering, I still have a few more sets left.
The Laser company and bending fabricators are moving to another location. Lucky me, they are together and closer to where I work.
So, It might be 3-4 weeks before they get everything back together and I get another batch.
Parts are currently $474.00 Plus actual shipping(64lbs).
For any questions, email me at: 1mclain@bellsouth.net

Thanks
Joe

myozman Tue 13 January 2009 18:42

Joe,

Thanks for sending me the Decals. Can't wait to put them on.

Mike