MechMate CNC Router Forum

MechMate CNC Router Forum (http://www.mechmate.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cutting various materials - bit selection, feeds, speeds (http://www.mechmate.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   working problems during series all the same at the same corner (http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4826)

renraku Mon 01 December 2014 06:02

working problems during series all the same at the same corner

1 Attachment(s)
Hi i had working problems during series, over a big MDF panel, i made many engraving rectangles with a ball tool, all rectangles have 3 corners equal and the left bottom corner is narrower, the root dxf design is a simple rectangle, the speed is not even fast, i really can not understanding why this is happened, someone can helping me to understanding the reasons? What i did wrong? What can i do for solve this problem? Thanks a lot to anyone.
i uploaded an picture about this problem, maybe you need to enlarge the image for seeing the wrong detail

Alan_c Mon 01 December 2014 13:43

Its difficult to see, but it looks like the base rectangle (in the dxf drawing) has a radius on three corners but not on the the bottom left corner? Is the cut starting and ending at that corner?

carcan Mon 01 December 2014 13:45

I think it is a problem of CV settings

renraku Mon 01 December 2014 14:25

i do not remember if the only different corner is the starting and ending, my dxf design is a simply closed rectangle, a corner is different repeated all over the Others rectangles

carcan Mon 01 December 2014 14:28

Yes, but if the first corner is right, means that the CV settings at your speed do not allow to do 90 degree angles. Check the acceleration value, speed and CV settings, otherwise try to cut with a Exact Stop instead of Constant Velocity

renraku Mon 01 December 2014 14:39

thanks a lot i have to try that setting, i hope to solve this problem thanks

Robert M Tue 02 December 2014 04:01

Another thought.... What is your cam (or G-code generator) settings ( but before, what cam are you using?)
Any other “unusual” cut behavior has ever happened before ?

renraku Tue 02 December 2014 04:13

Vectric aspire
Now I realized this mistake, and 'small but carefully i can see it, the CNC has repeated on many rectangle the same mistake in the same corner of all rectangle

danilom Tue 02 December 2014 09:12

First corner where the toolpath starts is dead on, but the CV shortens the other corners, use the Mach3 option STOP CV ON ANGLES or make a start point anywhere else on the path except in corner :)

renraku Tue 02 December 2014 09:23

thanks a lot

smreish Tue 02 December 2014 09:59

Danilo,
You make a very valid point on moving the start point.
Corners = bad. Sides or sacrificial area = good.

Cheers.
Sean

danilom Tue 02 December 2014 13:18

just a bit more explanation on possible implications when moving the start point out of corner when you are doing something other than profile cut.
It may leave a mark on the start / end point so do an OVERCUT, it's possible with Vectric Aspire only if you use Lead in/out.

Gerald D Wed 03 December 2014 00:06

A wobble at start or end of cut is also sign of a possible loose router mounting bracket to z-slide. Or z-slide loose inside its rollers.

pblackburn Wed 03 December 2014 14:02

I have seen the "Z slide loose inside its rollers" issue before. Thought it was good until I took the spring tension off the motor mount, then it was apparent.

renraku Wed 03 December 2014 16:07

Thanks a lot i have to check it

silverdog Mon 15 December 2014 15:32

I tried the same gcode on my mechmate and the results are the same ...
I'm sure it's a "software" problem ... aspire or mach3 setting .... I do not have that problem with most of my files :-)