MechMate CNC Router Forum

MechMate CNC Router Forum (http://www.mechmate.com/forums/index.php)
-   55. Dust Management (http://www.mechmate.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Cyclone build (http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1012)

J.R. Hatcher Wed 01 July 2009 15:55

And what's the down side or problem with that??? :) Everyday you get to sell one.

domino11 Thu 02 July 2009 14:00

Sorta like rabbits. :D

mikefoged Tue 14 July 2009 14:53

Irfan did you finish the blower casing, if so can we please see some pic.
I'm building mine right now and I like to see one finished.

javeria Wed 15 July 2009 00:44

casing pics

1 Attachment(s)
some work done on casing- was in a hurry so did not resize - just zipped and attached

javeria Wed 15 July 2009 10:43

unzipped the images now

4 Attachment(s)
one of the things I have done without wandering around!

javeria Fri 17 July 2009 01:08

some more pics

3 Attachment(s)
some more of the pics - wife helped by painting the primer on the MDF, dad helped me today to put things together.

Doug_Ford Fri 17 July 2009 08:55

Looks great Irfan. I'm impressed. Keep up the good work.

javeria Fri 17 July 2009 09:12

Thanks Doug - need the words :)

mikefoged Fri 17 July 2009 13:50

yes looking real good. what is your plan about the exhaust to the filter ?

javeria Fri 17 July 2009 15:45

no plans yet mike

javeria Sat 18 July 2009 11:04

case mounted over cyclone

4 Attachment(s)
some more pics

Doug_Ford Sat 18 July 2009 11:47

You're going to love the improvement in your shop's air quality.

mikefoged Sat 18 July 2009 14:24

1 Attachment(s)
nice, you are almost there :)
Here is a pic. of my Cyclone build, just need to fit the blower on a bracket and then mount it on the wall. then come all the tubes to the router and dust shoe. also need a filter system, but have no idea what I want yet :confused:

Doug_Ford Sat 18 July 2009 15:07

Looks great Mike. I wasn't as smart as you and Irfan so I bought a cyclone. The filters they sent me were intake filters from a tractor trailer. They seem to work well. The other alternative is to exhaust the unfiltered air to the outside. Unfortunately, if you are working in a heated space, all of your heated air will be sent outdoors. If you recycle the filtered air in your workshop, you get to keep the heated air.

Good luck with your build.

sailfl Sat 18 July 2009 17:21

You guys are doing a nice job on building your cyclone.

I am very pleased with the modification I have made to my Harbour Freight dust collector. It isn't a cyclone but it works like one and I don't notice any dust.

You might look at these filters:

http://www.wynnenv.com/

I replaced the cloth bag with one of these filters and it is doing a great job.

Castone Sat 18 July 2009 21:42

Cyclone

Great looking job guys, thanks for that post Nils. Just what I was looking for.

javeria Sat 18 July 2009 22:00

unfortunately nils - we dont have suppliers like that here in India

javeria Sat 18 July 2009 22:03

mike can we have some closeup pics of the blower and the motor mounting , you are very fast in your build.

for the filter - i will jut put a bag and leave it -that is what I can afford @ this time

servant74 Sat 18 July 2009 22:20

I seem to remember that the ClearVue that is similar to the one you are building uses two filters with 300 sq ft of filter material each.

I don't know if you can get material you could pleat to make the filters yourself. Some information is found at Wynn Environmental, filter model 9L300BL is what they use.

The really fine material is what is really dangerous, so you need something that will filter .3 micron or better.

It would be great if we could all use systems lile your with really good filters like these.
If those filters are not possible, see if you can get masks with particulate filters that are like that (in the USA they are rated as P100). Again it is focusing at the really fine material.

I hope this helps. ... It would be great to keep all the MechMate users safe world wide, in a less expensive manner.

sailfl Sun 19 July 2009 02:25

Jack,

I am using the 9E110SB Filter that is made of spun material and can be washed. It is more expensive but I will never have to buy another filter or bag again.

mikefoged Sun 19 July 2009 02:34

irfan the motor mount is just a square plate, the blower is some thing I found at work, it's from a baker oven som thing like this. and everything was fitted, the only thing I did was to mount it in the casing, very easy:D

javeria Sat 25 July 2009 07:23

attachment to the setp to attach the bag filter

1 Attachment(s)
made attachment to attach the bag filter.

javeria Fri 31 July 2009 07:31

Today was so difficult - I just about managed to finish mounting the motor rock steady to the wall - doing it up above was very difficult. I have to thank my Dad who helped me to get it up there - I did not take pics as it was late for friday's prayers. Anyways its done and I will start it up tomorrow and probably finish the cyclone work tomorrow - I still need some 6" PVC pipe and the 4" flexible hose , I also have got the bag filters for which clamps were made today.

ah that's some high expenditures :( on that flex hose

Have a great weekend everybody!

RGDS
IRfan

javeria Sat 01 August 2009 11:11

finally blower was powered on today

1 Attachment(s)
WOW what a sound it makes - the whole casing shudders bcos its just made of thin GI sheet and MDF,

I am so afraid to put it on!

well it worked alright though!

now just need to attach the bag filters and the bottom container and its done then!

javeria Mon 03 August 2009 11:11

Ah : running the blower a couple of times has made it to loosen the anchor bolts from the wall - I think I need to put on the thru the wall bolts.

a near disaster was averted when the blower started making wierd noise and I went over to chk it and the frame holding the motor was all out - away from the wall!

I have to do thank you prayer to Allah!

Lex Mon 03 August 2009 22:56

Glad you are still with us Irfan!
Use some M10 threaded rod and 50mm sq plates bolted 'thro' the wall. That should hold it.

javeria Tue 04 August 2009 03:10

:) yes I am still with all the folks - I have got all the hardware required - need to put in the man hours now!

Gerald D Tue 04 August 2009 03:38

1 Attachment(s)
In addition to the through-bolts at the top (bottom doesn't need them), I suggest adding either
- a pair of diagonal stay bars (yellow), or
- 2 rectangles of MDF (red)

javeria Tue 04 August 2009 05:09

You are right G' need to do that too.

javeria Mon 10 August 2009 08:28

finally mounting secured

1 Attachment(s)
finally we ran the blower successfully with full confidence after every bolt and nut was secured fully.

now just need to get the dust container connected to the cyclone.