MechMate CNC Router Forum

MechMate CNC Router Forum (http://www.mechmate.com/forums/index.php)
-   General - MM Build (http://www.mechmate.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Decals for Motors (http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3688)

Zouave Wed 25 January 2012 02:14

Decals for Motors

So, Motionking motors come without a decal on the back side, where the Vexta sticker is on their motors. Anyone have a design for a MechMate logo to put on the motors to keep the dust out? Suggestions on what material to get it printed on?

sailfl Wed 25 January 2012 04:26

Eric

Do a search. There is a logo on the forum.

Zouave Wed 25 January 2012 04:52

I did a search and went through all 5 pages of results. Just looking for something like an MM in the same typeface as the logo, or something along those lines. Also was looking for advice on what to print on, since the motors get warm. It seems like most adhesives for vinyl will break down going through a regular heat and cool cycle.

Gerald D Wed 25 January 2012 08:13

Official MechMate logo and colour

Zouave Wed 25 January 2012 09:23

Having trouble opening that file on my phone, will try on my computer later. I read through the official page before I asked this question, because the MechMate logo won't scale well to the back of a stepper motor. So I was looking for something like the MM that appears by the address of the website when I load it in a normal browser, as it is a better fit, scaling wise, to the space I have. I'll have all the normal logos, just wanted a little extra branding. :-P

bozona1 Wed 25 January 2012 09:37

1 Attachment(s)
Do you mean something like this? I'm not trying to change the official wordmark but just trying to help illustrate what Zouave is asking. At least I think that's what he means.:o

Zouave Wed 25 January 2012 09:57

Yes, exactly! Gerald, and Mike, would something like that be acceptable?

Gerald D Wed 25 January 2012 12:15

I have no problems with that, but I don't have any say on it - it all belongs to Mike now.

Zouave Wed 25 January 2012 12:17

As far as I am concerned, you will always have a say, if for no other reason than my respect and admiration for your work in putting this together and developing the MechMate for us.

MetalHead Wed 25 January 2012 12:58

Seperate the two M's on the one with MechMate on it and I think that will look best and also be a good Branding item.

bozona1 Wed 25 January 2012 13:59

1 Attachment(s)
Better?

Mike: Is it ok if I post the .dxf or .ai of this once you accepted the art?

MetalHead Wed 25 January 2012 14:04

That looks good and yes do post the files.

Zouave Wed 25 January 2012 14:16

Love it! Now I have to figure out what to print it on...

bozona1 Wed 25 January 2012 14:41

2 Attachment(s)
Here are those files...enjoy.:D

Zouave: Silk screened on foil would do it. Could also be engraved lamacoid with vhb tape?

Don

chopper Mon 07 May 2012 23:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zouave View Post
Love it! Now I have to figure out what to print it on...
why wouldn't you just print it on a wrapping cast martial??
that will hold up to the heat no problem, a car in the sun gets hotter than the motors will.
//chopper

KenC Mon 07 May 2012 23:38

Carve the logo on the motors.

Alan_c Tue 08 May 2012 10:40

Er Ken, that won't cover the hole in back!?

KenC Tue 08 May 2012 20:08

My bad. how about bolt on an engraved brass plate on the back of the motor. my 9801 has 4 tapped holes on the back of the motor.

Alan_c Wed 09 May 2012 00:17

That will work - and be unique :)

DavidMarlowe Mon 25 March 2019 15:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zouaveer View Post
Having trouble opening that file on my phone, will try on my computer later. I read through the official page before I asked this question, because the MechMate logo won't scale well to the back of a stepper motor. So I was looking for something like the MM that appears by the address of the website when I load it in a normal browser, as it is a better fit, scaling wise, to the space I have. I'll have all the normal logos, just wanted a little extra branding. :-P

thats the good extra branding for what you thought for normal logos.