MechMate CNC Router Forum

MechMate CNC Router Forum (http://www.mechmate.com/forums/index.php)
-   About this Forum (http://www.mechmate.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   The www.mechmate.com baton has been passed on (http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2460)

lunaj76 Wed 20 January 2010 19:25

100 members paying $50.00 a year. Not bad? I would do it just for tech support.

Leko Thu 21 January 2010 21:38

...only if Gerald will stay on at his current salary and benefits....

Gerald D Thu 21 January 2010 22:16

Yeah, I probably will stay on at current salary (nil) and benefits (entertainment) . . . . :D

Jan de Ruyter Thu 21 January 2010 23:19

How about the abuse? You're not even able to pay for the blood pressure medication.

Robert M Fri 22 January 2010 04:38

Jan…That’s part of the perks & bonus :D

KenC Fri 22 January 2010 04:39

Today is a great day, I completed my 1st coat of paint & then to make it even sweeter, Garald has re-considered staying.

What a wonderful day!

Gerald D Fri 22 January 2010 05:06

Did I ever say that I wanted to leave? :confused:

Kobus_Joubert Fri 22 January 2010 05:14

You better not..I know where you live...:mad:

Gerald D Fri 22 January 2010 05:14

Maybe to clarify; I want to move away from carrying the responsibility for the MechMate project, the forum, its moderating and maintenance, the obligation to read every post, to check for spammers, to pay hosting company, etc., etc.

swatkins Fri 22 January 2010 11:09

If this is the case I would be more than willing to help out.. Running a forum is tough and I totaly understand how you feel Gerald. Running this one.. www.dmaxcentral.com takes 5 of us... How you manage by yourself all this time I have no idea...

The site managment, updates , hosting and fighting spammers I can handle.. .The expertise in the machine is where I fall short. maybe a few moderators that have " The Right Stuff" is the answer.... Let me think about some things and I will see if I can come up with a plan....

Gerald D Fri 22 January 2010 13:14

Guys, I am not looking for any new moderators at this stage, because the new owner of the site/forum will appoint his/her/their own.

KenC Fri 22 January 2010 22:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald D View Post
Maybe to clarify; I want to move away from carrying the responsibility for the MechMate project, the forum, its moderating and maintenance, the obligation to read every post, to check for spammers, to pay hosting company, etc., etc.
Ooops... must be the paint fume playing tricks with my already poor command of English...

Johannescnc Sun 24 January 2010 07:06

Ken, I would bet big money that your command of English is far better than most others here of your language... :D

max.elliott Sun 24 January 2010 18:44

His command of English is better then mine, and it's the only language I speak.

PEU Mon 25 January 2010 07:38

I wonder if G. already got offers, I just curious about how much this forum is worth in terms of $$$ to an interested party.

Gerald D Mon 25 January 2010 08:06

Offers were received and are being considered. The $$$ is a private matter.

Gerald D Fri 05 February 2010 08:42

A transfer of ownership is currently in progress, and expected to be completely concluded in about a week or two.

isladelobos Fri 05 February 2010 09:02

LOL!!

We can know the new Boss?

oddname Fri 05 February 2010 09:56

Sad but still understandable.

normand blais Fri 05 February 2010 10:35

Farewell to the king
le roi est mort vive le roi

Gerald D Fri 05 February 2010 10:44

The new owner will become known in due course. He has been a member here for a long time and I don't think that anyone will have any problems with the new management. I have committed myself to him for a changeover period and I really believe that there won't even be a ripple.

jeffa Fri 05 February 2010 11:41

Congratulations and thank you Gerald.

If I were a betting man ;), I'd bet that the legacy you've started will continue for a long time and will touch many people.

Best regards always,

Jeff & Erick

Gerald D Mon 15 February 2010 22:57

It is my pleasure to announce that Mike (aka MetalHead) of Alabama has stepped in to pick up the reins. Thanks everyone for the support in the past, and I trust that Mike will continue to enjoy the same support in the future.

sailfl Mon 15 February 2010 23:26

Mike,

Congratulations! Good luck.

vishnu Tue 16 February 2010 00:25

Congrats Mike :)

Nice to see Gerland waving hands and taking rest for all the support he has given us over the past years.

Wish Gerald & Mike good luck for a bright future.

The Story of the Big Blue Beast continues (Part II Director:Mike).........:)

KenC Tue 16 February 2010 00:47

Congrats Mike :)

We hope the community will flourish further under your helm.

Gerald,
All the best wishes to you. Please do let us participate in your future projects.

Gerald D Tue 16 February 2010 02:29

Ken, my future projects include Alam Flora - do you really want to get get mixed up with them? :)

riesvantwisk Tue 16 February 2010 05:18

Mike,

congrats, I think the community will be very happy with you as a lead.

Gerald, you have done an outstanding job building this site and plans and a lot of people all grateful for that.

Thanks!

Lex Tue 16 February 2010 06:18

Congrats Mike!
Eish, this is a sad day for us. Gerald I hope you will check in frequently, because who is going to k.. us out when you are gone. Hennie is always pointing fingers at me but he needs to be kept in line the most of the time. :D:D:D
Sorry ou Hennie.

normand blais Tue 16 February 2010 06:28

Hi Mike very good of you to take over this great site ,wish you great time as new owner.

Gerald making gold with crap !